Sunday, August 9, 2015

Portals - Terrain


I wanted to make some portals for wargaming - be it D&D or Warhammer, I thought it would be a neat idea to not just have standing stones, but an actual "open" portal within standing stones.





I began with pink insulation foam, carved with my utility knife.


I created a "energy" sort of thing using hot glue (tutorial will be posted shortly)


Assembly of the standing stones and texture.


Cut the hot glue to scale


For one of the portals, I carved into the "stone" to make it look more sinister.


Painting the lines red, then covering in black.


Then various shades of grey...


Painted the base and the portal itself - the portal is also painted with glow in the dark paint for effect while gaming.


Ready for flocking...


FINISHED:












No comments:

Post a Comment